Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Celebrity Style - Beyonce Knowles

Super hot and talented musician and fashion icon, Beyoncé, is tired of her pop star status. She's had enough of that and now aspires to be a legend and an icon. The famous Destiny's Child lead singer, born as Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, has tasted phenomenal success in the US in every sphere she has laid her hands on. The multitalented phenomenon sings, composes and writes her own songs. She is an actress par excellence with two Golden Globe nominations in tow, a record producer and runs her family's fashion line, House of Deréon. But to many, Beyoncé is an ultimate fashion diva, a seductive glamorous woman that enchants you with a hint of her vulnerable down-to-earth attitude.

Beyoncé vs. Sasha Fierce
There are two sides to Beyonce' as we know her. One is a simple and innocent Beyonce to her friends, family and some fans. The other is a more dynamite diva she herself has named Sasha Fierce to her fans. The truly professional performer that she is, Beyonce has marked a strong line between her professional and personal life and she says the transformation from Beyonce to Sasha is very spontaneous. According to the superstar herself, "I have someone else that takes over when it's time for me to work and when I'm on stage, this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am." So basically Beyonce feels as though she has an alter ego that takes over every time she goes on stage.

There is an unbelievable contrast between Beyonce, the person and Sasha, the superstar. Beyonce prefer her looks sans make-up, or very casual, while the 'bootylicious' Sasha Fierce likes to draw attention with golden pinks and blue shadows on her lids, with a dark liner inside the inner rims of her eye, complemented with a peachy pink gloss. "I love that there are two sides to her," says makeup artist Mally Roncal. "One is the natural side, which is about her being real and not wearing much makeup. Then there's her adventurous side, where I can put strong green shadows on her eyes and fuchsia or orange on her lips.

In terms of the fashion too, Beyonce is very different from her alter-ego Sasha. While Beyoncé prefers simple jeans and a tee, her stage persona Sasha flaunts her voluptuous figure by wearing plunging necklines, mini skirts or anything else that accentuates her 'assets'. A lot of jewelery, especially big earrings, spindly high heels is worn, and more often than not, is complemented with a new hair style - combine all this and add to it the shining aura of her incredible success - you have your Sasha Fierce right in front of you.

The ultimate fashion icon
A powerful sex symbol, Beyonce has always been mindful of her looks. She told a magazine, "I am very conscious of how I look and my image and how I am with people." The '2008 Style Star of the Year' has a team that has been working with her since she was 15, "every show, every earring, every shade of eye shadow is all something that comes from me and my team." The songstress claims she never leaves the house without a full head-to-toe examination by her personal stylists. "I'm very much a perfectionist, and even before I was a pop star, or celebrity or whatever you want to call whatever I am, I was always that way. Always!", says Destiny Child lead singer.

The curvaceous beauty is so conscious of her looks that a fan of hers points out, "[Knowles] portrays herself as a sex symbol rather than an artist." But her critics claim that Beyonce has proven in her music and acting career that she is as versatile as her fashion style. Often complimented for her choice of clothing and accessories, Beyoncé says, "I like to dress sexy and I carry myself like a lady," but she has said that the way she dresses on stage is "absolutely for the stage".

Women admire her ravishing bold fashion style calling her a purely independent woman when it comes to her style. According to Italian fashion designer Roberto Cavalli, Knowles uses different styles and tries to harmonize it with the music while performing.

Crazy about shoes
The 'Dangerously in Love' singer loves to pick her accessories, "I do it for myself because I enjoy fashion. It makes me feel like me." Apart from Chanel jewellery, the five times Grammy Award winning Beyonce is crazy about glamorous shoes. The pop culture super star admitted that when it comes to shoes she is as vulnerable as the average woman.

The 'New Shoes' singer said, stilettos are one of her weaknesses, when a pair grabs her eye, she cannot resist hopping into a shop. "I love a high heel", she said during an interview and confessed she prefers the "super-high" variety in particular. "I love those super-high shoes that are out at the moment. I'm addicted," she exclaimed.

Beyonce is also famously popular for matching her accessories. She was once seen sporting some matching embellished high heel boots and a bag. Some of the most noticed shoe styles of Beyonce are diamante and glittery shoes, high heel stiletto shoes, red metallic toe shoes, fiercely high mock-croc heels, high heel pumps in bright colours, towering pair of brown patent platforms with a spindly spiked heel, pointed toe pumps, ankle-strap high heels, wildly sexy open toed high heel sandals that displays her brightly painted nails and sexy toe cleavage. Apart from very high heel stilettos and wedge high heels in spectacular designs, Beyonce also fancies platform high heel shoes.